- Long Island Jewish Medical Center (New Hyde Park, N.Y.)
1500 Waters Pl
- Bachelors Degree in Exercise Physiology, required. Knowledge of current theory and practice in physiology as normally acquired through completion of a Masters Degree in Exercise Physiology, preferred.
- Certified Exercise Test Technologist within 6 months of Date-of-Hire, required.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification, required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, may be required by department.
Interprets, recommends and formulates exercise prescriptions for patients. Assesses and designs an appropriate exercise regimen and administers the exercise component. Educates patients and families of exercise and nutritional components and provides feedback on patient progress.
- Assesses patient exercise and nutritional needs for weight management, athletic sports participation, rehabilitation and chronically ill patients.
- Designs and implements patient specific therapeutic nutritional and exercise programs.
- Conducts group sessions designed for patient education regarding nutritional, dietary and exercise issues in collaboration with physicians and staff.
- Performs follow-up on all patient therapeutic interventions.
- Documents and provides feedback on patient progress. Prepares and maintains required reports and statistics.
- Assesses program needs and prepares orders for supplies. Maintains inventory of program equipment and supplies to ensure availability.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Associated topics: antibody, aseptic, diet, dietary, immunology, microbiological, pharmacology, pharmacometrics, protein, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...